CL220 – Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management
Manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
Red Hat® CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) is for cloud administrators and operators who need to use Red Hat CloudForms to manage cloud instances running on multiple cloud providers or virtualization infrastructures.
This course is based on Red Hat CloudForms 4.
Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220) and earn the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management.
Course content summary
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms 4
- Define regions, zones, tenants, users, groups, and roles
- Provision and manage VMs
- Generate reports and cloud information from CloudForms analytics
- Configure Red Hat CloudForms alerts
- Automate tasks with CloudForms
- Manage service catalogs
- Use Ansible by Red Hat with CloudForms to automate system configuration
Audience for this course
- Cloud administrators and cloud operators responsible for maintaining hybrid cloud environments
- Cloud architects who intend to use CloudForms for management and analysis of their company’s cloud environment
- DevOps engineers responsible for creating an environment that provides virtual machines (VMs) for developing and testing applications, building service catalogs, and automating workflows
Prerequisites for this course
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenStack Platform, vSphere, or Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) is helpful but not required
- Introduce Red Hat CloudForms
- Introduce and describe CloudForms architecture and terminology.
- Implement CloudForms
- Deploy and configure the CloudForms appliance.
- Connect to CloudForms providers
- Connect CloudForms to infrastructure, cloud, and network providers.
- Organize CloudForms
- Create tenants, users, and tags for CloudForms management.
- Provision virtual machines
- Provision virtual machines (VMs) using CloudForms.
- Manage resource policies
- Implement CloudForms control and compliance policies.
- Generate CloudForms reports
- Display information on VMs and their resource use.
- Manage the CloudForms lifecycle
- Manage CloudForms lifecycle events.
- Analyze metrics with CloudForms Intelligence
- Use CloudForms Intelligence metrics to analyze infrastructure utilization.
- Configure CloudForms alerts
- Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
- Automate tasks in CloudForms
- Execute CloudForms automations to speed up delivery.
- Manage catalogs
- Manage catalogs and order services from a catalog.
- CloudForms automation with Ansible
- Automate CloudForms deployment with Ansible Tower by Red Hat.
- Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220)
- Prove your skills and knowledge to deploy and manage a virtualization infrastructure using Red Hat CloudForms.
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration I (CL110)
- Learn how to install, configure, use, and maintain Red Hat OpenStack Platform.
- Automation with Ansible (DO407)
- Learn to install and configure Ansible, create and run playbooks to configure systems, and manage inventories with Ansible by Red Hat and Red Hat Enterprise Linux®.
- Red Hat Virtualization (RH318)
- Gain the skills required to deploy and manage virtual environments with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, managed through Red Hat Virtualization.