A Red Hat® Certified Engineer (RHCE®) is a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) who possesses the additional skills, knowledge, and abilities required of a senior system administrator responsible for Red Hat Enterprise Linux® systems.
Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
Red Hat System Administration III (RH254) course is to broaden the administer’s ability at the enterprise level. Red Hat System Administration III turns the administrator into a senior adminstrator for managing network services. This module is focused on deployment and management of network servers running caching DNS service, MariaDB , Apache HTTPD, Postfix SMTP null clients, network file sharing with NFS and SMB, iSCSI initiators and targets, advanced networking and firewalld configurations , and the use of Bash shell scripting to help automate, configure, and troubleshoot the system. The course is mainly aimed to have quality administrators.
- Installation using Kickstart
- Manage filesystems and logical volumes
- Manage scheduled jobs
- Access network filesystems
- Manage SELinux
- Control firewalling
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation
- Setting kernel runtime parameters
- Configuring an Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) initiator
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP)
- RHCSAs who wish to earn a more senior-level credential.
- Experienced senior system administrators who have not yet certified.
- Course participants in Red Hat Training who have completed System Administration I, II, and II, or who have completed the RHCE Rapid Track Course.
- Experienced system administrators who require certification for their job or by mandate (e.g., US Department of Defense Directive 8570).
Note: There is no requirement that these exams be taken and passed on the same release of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- EX200 – Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) exam
- EX300 – Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) exam
- Red Hat System Administration I (RH124)
- Red Hat System Administration II (RH134)
- Red Hat System Administration III (RH254)
Linux or UNIX administrators with 1-3 years of experience:
RHCEs who wish to re-certify:
- 15 days (3 Hrs/day) : Normal Track
- 5 days (6 Hrs/day) : Rapid Track*
* Only for Experienced linux professionals
Available Time Slots: