RH403 Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is 4-day, lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
NOTE: If you are looking for training on Red Hat Satellite 5, please see our Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management (RH401) course.
Course content summary
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Audience for this course
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Prerequisites for this course
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
- Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
- Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
- Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Incorporate software management into software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
- Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
- Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
- Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management. Discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.
- Red Hat Server Hardening (RH413)
- Red Hat Enterprise Clustering and Storage Management (RH436)
- Red Hat Enterprise Performance Tuning (RH442)
- Red Hat OpenStack Administration (CL210)
- Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization (RH318)