Red Hat JBoss Middleware
Middleware is computer software that provides services to software applications beyond those available from the operating system. It can be described as “software glue”.
Red Hat JBoss Middleware is a portfolio of enterprise-class application and integration middleware software products delivered by Red Hat, Inc. These software products are used by end users to create applications; integrate applications, data, and devices; and automate business processes. Red Hat JBoss Middleware uses an open source development model.
Red Hat Products
Anchored on the open source enterprise Java application server, Red Hat JBoss Enterprise Application Platform, Red Hat JBoss Middleware is a portfolio of lightweight, cloud-friendly, enterprise-class products that are fully supported by Red Hat, Inc. The middleware portfolio for an open hybrid cloud environment enables IT organizations to accelerate application development, deployment and performance, integrate numerous applications, data and devices, and automate business processes across heterogeneous environments including physical, virtual, mobile and cloud.
The Red Hat JBoss Middleware portfolio of products includes:
- Red Hat Enterprise Application Platform – Enhances the Wildfly application server community project to provide a fully certified Java™ EE 6 container that includes everything needed to build, run, and manage Java-based services.
- Red Hat JBoss Web Server – A single solution for large-scale websites and lightweight Java web applications. Includes certified, production-ready versions of Apache Web Server, Apache Tomcat, and common connectors used in between.
- Red Hat JBoss Data Grid – An intelligent, distributed data caching solution that provides fast and reliable access to frequently used data.
- picket line PicketLink is an umbrella project for security and identity management for Java Applications
- Keycloak an out-of-the-box solution for security, Single sign-on. It is a project included in the Picketlink umbrella.
- JBoss Developer Studio – A certified, Eclipse-based integrated development environment (IDE) for developing, testing, and deploying web applications, mobile web apps, transactional enterprise apps, and service-oriented architecture (SOA)-based integration apps and services.
- JBoss Operations Network – A key component of Red Hat’s middleware management solutions that provides a single point of control to deploy, manage, and monitor middleware products, applications, and services.
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse – A small-footprint, flexible enterprise service bus (ESB).
- Red Hat JBoss A-MQ – A small-footprint, high-performance messaging platform.
- Red Hat JBoss Fuse Service Works – An SOA integration suite that lets users build, deploy, integrate, and present applications and services.
- Red Hat JBoss Data Virtualization – An integration platform that unifies data from disparate sources into a single source and exposes the data as a reusable service.
- Red Hat JBoss BRMS – A business rules management system (BRMS) that gives business decision makers the ability to quickly create and change business rules.
- Red Hat JBoss BPM Suite – A business process and decision management platform that combines business rules management, business process management (BPM), and complex event processing.