Do276: Containerizing Software Applications (Retired)
Learn to deploy applications in containers using Docker and Kubernetes
Containerizing Software Applications (DO276) introduces you to deploying applications in containers using Docker and Kubernetes. Learn how to design containers for the deployment of an existing application across multiple containers, build and test those containers using Docker, and deploy the application in a Kubernetes cluster to achieve high availability and load balancing.
- Creating containers using Docker
- Working with image registries
- Providing persistent storage to a container
- Creating new images using Dockerfiles
- Implementing image design recommended practices
- Linking containers
- Orchestrating containers using Kubernetes
- Provisioning development and testing environments with Vagrant
Prerequisites for this course
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have familiarity with general programming and scripting concepts.
- Have an understanding of the runtime environment configuration for the language of choice.
- Have familiarity with relational database concepts and a basic knowledge of SQL; MySQL experience is recommended.
- Have basic Red Hat Enterprise Linux administration skills; Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification recommended.
Note: The student will not have to do any coding in this course.
- Course introduction
- Introduce and review the course.
- Get started with containers
- Provision a database server using container technology.
- Work with containers
- Work with and manipulate existing container images to produce containerized services.
- Manage Images
- Manage the life cycle of an image from creation to deletion.
- Create custom images
- Design and code a Dockerfile to build a custom container image.
- Design container images for application deployment
- Design and build a custom container image for the deployment of an application over multiple containers.
- Test containerized application deployment
- Deploy a multi-container application using Kubernetes.
- Troubleshoot containerized applications
- Utilize various techniques to troubleshoot a containerized application.
- Provision development environments
- Provision a development environment using the Red Hat CDK.
- Comprehensive review of containerizing software applications
- Demonstrate how to containerize a software application.
- OpenShift Enterprise Development (DO290)
- Immerse yourself in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) to create, update, and maintain applications using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat.
- Managing Containers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host (RH270)
- Learn to deploy and manage applications in a Docker containerized environment with Managing Containers with Red Hat Enterprise Linux Atomic Host (RH270).