EX280 - Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam
EX280 - Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) tests the knowledge, skills, and ability to create, configure, and manage a cloud application platform using Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform.
This exam is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 4.2.
Audience for this exam
- System and Software Architects who need an understanding of the features and functionality of an OpenShift Container Platform cluster.
- System Administrators who need to support the initial establishment of an OpenShift cluster.
- Cluster Operators who need to support ongoing maintenance of an OpenShift cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers who need to support the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of an OpenShift cluster.
- System administrators who want to demonstrate their OpenShift Container Platform skills
- Red Hat Certified Engineers (RHCEs) who wish to become a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA)
- System administrators or developers who are working in a DevOps environment using Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
Prerequisites for this exam
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or have comparable work experience and skills
- Take the Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) course or have comparable work experience using OpenShift Container Platform
- Review the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280) objectives
Study points for the exam
To help you prepare, these objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see in the exam. Red Hat reserves the right to add, modify, and remove exam objectives. Such changes will be made public in advance.
To become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration, you should be able to perform these tasks:
Manage OpenShift Container Platform
- Use the command-line interface to manage and configure an OpenShift cluster
- Use the web console to manage and configure an OpenShift cluster
- Create and delete projects
- Import, export, and configure Kubernetes resources
- Examine resources and cluster status
- View logs
- Monitor cluster events and alerts
- Troubleshoot common cluster events and alerts
- Use product documentation
Manage users and policies
- Configure the HTPasswd identity provider for authentication
- Create and delete users
- Modify user passwords
- Modify user and group permissions
- Create and manage groups
Control access to resources
- Define role-based access controls
- Apply permissions to users
- Create and apply secrets to manage sensitive information
- Create service accounts and apply permissions using security context constraints
Configure networking components
- Troubleshoot software defined networking
- Create and edit external routes
- Control cluster network ingress
- Create a self signed certificate
- Secure routes using TLS certificates
Configure pod scheduling
- Limit resource usage
- Scale applications to meet increased demand
- Control pod placement across cluster nodes
Configure cluster scaling
- Manually control the number of cluster workers
- Automatically scale the number of cluster workers
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) and Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) to help prepare for this exam. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of your preparation, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat products are available. Red Hat does not endorse any of these materials as preparation guides for exams. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading helpful to deepen your understanding.
This exam is a performance-based evaluation of skills and knowledge required to configure and manage Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. You will perform the configuration and administrative tasks necessary to deploy Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and are evaluated on whether you have met specific objective criteria. Performance-based testing means that you must perform tasks similar to what you perform on the job.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 U.S. business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.
Recommended next exam or course
OpenShift Administration learning path
Recommended starting certification
- DO080 – Free course
Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview
- DO180 – Recommended course
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- PE180 – Recommended exam
Preliminary Exam in Containers, Kubernetes, & Openshift
- Save time and money by combining course and exam offerings
- DO280 – Recommended course
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I
- EX280 – currently viewing
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam
Certification – Passing EX280
This exam and the exam objectives provided in the outline section are based on the 4.2 version of the exam. We are offering the Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam (EX280V39K) on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.9 via onsite and Individual exams until January 21, 2021. Open enrollment exams may be available in some regions.
OpenShift Container Platform general configuration and management.
- Understand and use the command line and web console.
- Create and delete projects.
- Import, export, and configure Kubernetes resources.
- Configure persistent registry storage.
- Examine resources and cluster status.
- View logs.
- Troubleshoot common problems.
Docker image management.
- Understand and work with image registries.
- List images.
- Load images from archive files.
- Use image tags.
- Pull and push images.
Users and Policies management.
- Create and delete users.
- Modify user passwords.
- Modify user and group permissions.
Applications creation and management.
- Provision persistent application storage.
- Deploy applications using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Use Git to configure applications.
- Edit and import application templates.
- Assemble an application from existing components.
- Deploy multi-container applications.
- Create containerized services.
- Create and edit external routes.
- Secure routes using TLS certificates.
Monitoring and Tuning.
- Install and configure metrics.
- Limit resource usage.
- Scale applications to meet increased demand.
- Control pod placement across cluster nodes.
Register your “EX280 – Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam” Red Hat Exam at Sappio Kochi, kerala, India
- Classroom Exam
- Individual Exam
- On-site Exam
- 3 Hours
Available Time Slots:
- Please contact us, to know the current offer