DO281 - Red Hat OpenShift Administration I with exam
DO281 - Red Hat OpenShift Administration I with exam
Create, configure, manage, and troubleshoot OpenShift clusters
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I (DO280) teaches you how to install and administer the Red Hat® OpenShift® Container Platform. This hands-on, lab-based course shows you how to install, configure, and manage OpenShift clusters and deploy sample applications to further understand how developers will use the platform.
This course is based on Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® 7.5 and Openshift Container Platform 4.2. The Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam is included.
OpenShift is a containerized application platform that allows enterprises to manage container deployments and scale their applications using Kubernetes. OpenShift provides predefined application environments and builds upon Kubernetes to provide support for DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure-as-code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD).
Audience for this course
This course is designed for system administrators, system architects, and developers who want to install and configure Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform.
- System and Software Architects interested in understanding features and functionality of an OpenShift cluster.
- System Administrators interested in the initial establishment of a cluster.
- Cluster Operators interested in the ongoing maintenance of a cluster.
- Site Reliability Engineers interested in the ongoing maintenance and troubleshooting of a cluster.
- Internet access is required.
Prerequisites for this course
- Become a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Complete Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180), or demonstrate equivalent experience with containers, Kubernetes, and OpenShift basics
Outline for this course
- Describe the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform
- Learn the components of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform and how they interact.
- Verify a Cluster
- Verify a cluster is installed and healthy.
- Configure Authentication
- Configure authentication with an identity provider.
- Control Access to OpenShift Resources
- Define and apply role-based access controls and protect sensitive information with secrets.
- Configure OpenShift Networking Components
- Identify the components of OpenShift software-defined networking and configure some of the components.
- Control Pod Scheduling
- Control which nodes a pod runs on.
- Scale an OpenShift Cluster
- Control the size of an OpenShift cluster.
- Perform Cluster Updates
- Describe how to perform a cluster update.
- Manage the Cluster with the Web Console
- Manage the OpenShift cluster using the web console.
- Comprehensive Review
- Verify, manage, and troubleshoot an OpenShift cluster for enterprise use.
Note: Course outline is subject to change with technology advances and as the nature of the underlying job evolves.
Impact on the organization
This course is intended to develop the skills needed to install, configure, and manage the Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications that are highly available, resilient, and scalable. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform enables rapid application development and deployment, as well as portability of an application across environments. The platform also offers simplified application scaling, administration, and maintenance of adapted or cloud-native applications.
Red Hat has created this course in a way intended to benefit our customers, but each company and infrastructure is unique, and actual results or benefits may vary.
Impact of this training
After completing this course, you should be able to demonstrate the skills to establish a new OpenShift cluster, perform initial configuration of the cluster, and manage the cluster on a day-to-day basis. One major focus of the course is troubleshooting common problems that will be encountered beyond day one.
You should be able to demonstrate these skills:
- Install OpenShift Container Platform to create a simple cluster.
- Configure and manage OpenShift masters and nodes.
- Secure OpenShift with a simple internal authentication mechanism.
- Control access to resources on OpenShift.
- Deploy applications on OpenShift using Source-to-Image (S2I).
- Configure and manage OpenShift pods, services, routes, secrets, and other resources.
Recommended next exam or course
OpenShift Administration learning path
Recommended starting certification
- DO080 – Free course
Deploying Containerized Applications Technical Overview
- DO180 – Recommended course
Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
- PE180 – Recommended exam
Preliminary Exam in Containers, Kubernetes, & Openshift
DO281 bundle – currently viewing
- Save time and money by combining course and exam offerings
- DO280 – Recommended course
Red Hat OpenShift Administration I
- EX280 – Required exam
Red Hat Certified Specialist in OpenShift Administration exam
Certification – Passing EX280
Glimpse of DO281 Training:
OpenShift Learning Path infographic
Red Hat Training and Certification can help OpenShift users improve their knowledge and develop skills to boost productivity and assist in career advancement. Read this document to learn the pathways, courses, and examinations that Red Hat offers to OpenShift users of various roles.
DO281 – Red Hat OpenShift Administration I with exam (Training & Exam) in Kochi, India
- Course with exam: 4 days
- On-site Training : 3 days
- visit: sappio.in/schedules
Available Time Slots:
- Weekdays or Weekends
- Please contact us, to know the current offer